Meeting Room Policy
As an institution of education, the library welcomes the use of its meeting room and study room for civic, cultural, educational, and public information meetings of groups based in Perry, or groups which have a significant number of Perry residents. Permission to use the meeting room or study room does not imply endorsement of any organization using the room.
1. Library programs and library meetings will receive first consideration in the scheduling of any room.
2. The meeting room and study room are available without a meeting room charge for meetings or programs of a civic, cultural, service or educational nature which are open to the public. All other events including recitals, family gatherings, class reunions, religious and political groups, and gatherings for the financial benefit of individuals or groups will be charged a $25.00 meeting room rental fee that is payable to the Perry Public Library prior to the use of the meeting room or the study room.
3. All meetings will be held during regular library hours. Any meetings requiring the use of the meeting room outside of normal library hours must receive the approval of the Director. All bookings shall be made in advance by a responsible person (over age 18). No standing reservations will be accepted.
4. There is a $50.00 custodial deposit regardless of the classification of the entity, in addition to any rental fee, required for any serving of food or drink in the meeting room. Library kitchenette facilities are available for light refreshments in connection with meeting room. Food is prohibited in the study room. Patrons may have non-alcoholic beverages in the study room as long as the containers have lids. The $50.00 custodial deposit will be returned once the room has been inspected by a library staff member and has been deemed to be in its original condition.
5. The library will not care for, nor store any material for groups using the room.
6. No smoking is allowed.
7. The library shall be notified if a cancellation becomes necessary. Failure to cancel in advance of the meeting will cause forfeiture of any fees and may result in denial of future reservations. No group may transfer use of the room to another group.